Charleston on the Cheap is looking for an editor and publisher. If you’d like to run a business as Charleston’s top maven of deals, discounts and free events, send your credentials to Teresa Mears, publisher of Living on the Cheap. The ideal candidate has experience in journalism or marketing, knows the city well and has an interest in owning and operating his or her own small business. Charleston on the Cheap is part of Living on the Cheap, a collective of website publishers who work together and adhere to a set of journalistic and ethical standards.
To help take some of the sting out of tax day, many restaurants are offering tax day deals and freebies. Some of the deals are only valid on April 15; others are good both before and after. We’ll update the list as more come in, so make sure you check back often:
- Bonefish Grill: Through April 17, get a $5 discount on two dinner entrées. To get the coupon you’ll need to claim the offer on the Bonefish Grill Facebook page.
- Great American Cookies: Stop by a participating store on April 15 and get one FREE Original Chocolate Chip Cookie. No coupon required.
- Hardee’s: Through May 4, get a $1 discount on any Western X-tra Bacon Thickburger combo. You’ll need this printable coupon.
- Jamba Juice: Get a small smoothie for $2.99 through April 30. No coupon required.
- Papa Murphy’s: On April 15, get a large pepperoni pizza for $5 at participating locations. No coupon required.
- Schlotsky’s: Get a FREE small “The Original” sandwich with the purchase of chips and a 32-ounce drink on April 15. No coupon required.
- Sonic: On April 15 get half price drinks, teas and slushes (does not include shakes or other ice cream drinks). No coupon required.
With this promo, Olive Garden really does treat you like family. For a limited time, the Italian restaurant is giving customers a FREE take-home entrée. First, enjoy an entrée with unlimited homemade soup or garden fresh salad and breadsticks starting at $12.99. Then, choose another entrée to take home with its compliments.
For your FREE entrée, you can choose from Mezzaluna Ravioli with Five Cheese Marinara, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Shrimp Alfredo, Five Cheese Ziti al Forno, Creamy Citrus Chicken or Fettuccine Alfredo. There’s no limit per table, so everyone in your party can have a meal to enjoy later. For locations nationwide, click here. Price and participation may vary.
It’s never a good idea to leave important financial documents lying around, right? Well, Office Depot is helping everyone by offering FREE paper shredding at participating locations. Through Tuesday, April 29, you can shred up to five pounds of paper at no cost, with this coupon. One coupon per household or business. For locations, click here.
We love a gift card bonus, even more so when it’s offered during spring and summer. Through May 31, get a FREE Classic Milk Shake (good on your next visit), when you buy $10 in gift cards at Steak ‘n Shake. Remember, gift cards don’t have to be gifts. If your family eats there often, “pre-pay” for a few meals now and then sip on FREE shakes the next time you go. For locations, click here.
Copyright Living on the Cheap. The post Steak ‘n Shake: Free shake with $10 gift card purchase appeared first on Living On The Cheap.
Looking for a healthy discount? Jamba Juice is squeezing out some juicy savings. You can get a small smoothie for just $2.99 at participating locations. The offer includes only two smoothies: Banana Berry or Peach Pleasure — no substitutions allowed. Although no coupon is required, be sure to mention the offer at time of purchase. Larger sizes available at additional cost. The offer ends Wednesday, April 30. Plus, there’s no limit, so everyone in your group or office can get “juiced” without breaking the bank. For locations, click here.